TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Campus Fax Finder

Re: Campus Fax Finder

jtaylor (jtaylor@deletethis.hfx.andara.com)
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 18:18:56 -0300

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote in message

> jtaylor wrote:

>> Currently there is no law that says (where I live) that I cannot
>> program a computer to call numbers looking for fax machines.

> I am not a lawyer, but I believe what you propose to do IS indeed
> against federal law. It absolutely is against the law to call certain
> restricted numbers or a line under monitor without legitimate purpose
> (and a review of your call out log would show that it wasn't
> legitimate).

Usenet (and this digest) propagates beyond the United States; and
despite the wishes of (some) Americans, US law has its geographic
limits.

Go to Next message: mc: "Re: Campus Fax Finder"
Go to Previous message: Angus TeleManagement Group: "Telecom Update #535, June 23, 2006"
May be in reply to: Lanman: "Campus Fax Finder"