TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: BellSouth Demands Retraction of NSA Report from USA Today

Re: BellSouth Demands Retraction of NSA Report from USA Today

George Berger (gberger@his.com)
Sat, 20 May 2006 22:25:31 -0400

> The real question is: Can we possibly trust anything a Company says
> anymore if national security is involved?

In this case, I'd be more likely to believe Bell South. The incident
has too much publicity and too many responders for Bell South to risk
getting caught in a lie. The negative publicity and subsequent
litigation that would most certainly follow could easily force them
into Chapter 11, if not worse. DOJ prosecutors are salivating at the
chance to bring one more "Rogue Corporation" to its knees and to jail
the CEO.

If you'll remember, even the New York Times got caught with its pants
down when a couple of its reporters "made up" sensational stories.

I'd like to wait until the facts are known - - not the "factoids."

George (The Old Fud)

In article <telecom25.193.9@telecom-digest.org>, Kenneth P. Stox
<ken@stox.org> wrote:

> The real question is: Can we possibly trust anything a Company says
> anymore if national security is involved?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but
I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
-- Robert McCloskey, State Department spokesman (attributed)

Go to Next message: harold@hallikainen.com: "Re: Help! Anyone Know of Online Phone Service (With Chosen Area Code)"
Go to Previous message: john@mayson.us: "Re: Using Skype to Call NANP Numbers"
May be in reply to: Del Jones: "BellSouth Demands Retraction of NSA Report from USA Today"