TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Mon, 15 May 2006 21:28:52 UTC

[ snip ]

*Stop* *right* *there*.

The very way the question was phrased is misleading, as it sets up a
yes/no, black/white dichotomy between "National security" versus
"privacy".

Of _course_ people are going to think highly o national security.

But ... there ain't _nothing_ in the original claims that shows any
validity to the arguments that stomping on privacy rights, oh, and
violating the laws left and right (allegedly, to be sure, but it
certainly looks like it) and shredding the US Constitution (same
disclaimer) has anything whatsoever with making us safer.

My third grade civics teachers would be embarrassed for anyone putting
together a survey like this, and would cry over the lost minds of
people using arguments in this manner.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: jmeissen@aracnet.com: "Re: US Spy Agency Built 'Largest Database Ever Known'"
Go to Previous message: kkolodziej@indoorlbs.com: "Alternatives to GPS: WiFi, Bluetooth, UWB"