TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?

George Mitchell (george@m5p.com)
Fri, 12 May 2006 22:04:48 -0700

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> I am curious as to what people think of the issue of national
> security vs. privacy in light of the recent revelations.

A news poll on ABC tonight said that about 2/3 of respondents thought
it was just fine for the NSA to accumulate everybody's phone records.
Even theirs. After all, they didn't have anything to hide.

As for myself, I am diametrically opposed to this point of view. I
feel personally threatened to a far greater degree by the federal
government's assaults on my privacy than by any terrorist. Our
personal security is based on our rights -- not the abridgement of
those rights.

-- George Mitchell

Go to Next message: Joshua Putnam: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Re: The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "The Balance Between National Security and Privacy?"