TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Spectrum of a Modem Signal

Re: Spectrum of a Modem Signal

Scott Dorsey (kludge@panix.com)
11 May 2006 14:52:59 -0400

In article <telecom25.175.7@telecom-digest.org>, <mike7411@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If I plot the spectrum of a short modem signal, what should I expect
> to see?

Depends on the modem.

> It just looks like a lump in the frequency domain, but I'm not sure I
> did it right.

If you make the bins small enough, you should see every individual carrier.

With a Bell 103 modem, there will be one carrier. With a modern 56k
modem there will be dozens of them all across the band.

Scott

Go to Next message: Frank Stearns: "Re: Online Cross-Search of Reverse-Regular Directories?"
Go to Previous message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: VoIP Quality"
May be in reply to: mike7411@gmail.com: "Spectrum of a Modem Signal"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page