TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Spectrum of a Modem Signal

Re: Spectrum of a Modem Signal

Reed (reedh@rmi.net)
Wed, 10 May 2006 01:46:12 GMT

mike7411@gmail.com wrote:

> If I plot the spectrum of a short modem signal, what should I expect
> to see?

> It just looks like a lump in the frequency domain, but I'm not sure I
> did it right.

A standard dial modem must operate over a band-limited channel between
approx 300 to 4000 khz. Therefore it's analog output frequencies
should fall within this band. Some harmonics may appear outside this,
but they would be spurious.

Go to Next message: DarkFiber: "Re: Telephone Map of Africa with Country & City Codes"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: Spectrum of a Modem Signal"
May be in reply to: mike7411@gmail.com: "Spectrum of a Modem Signal"