TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon Playing Catch-up Against Cable Firms

Re: Verizon Playing Catch-up Against Cable Firms

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Mon, 08 May 2006 19:48:03 -0700

Monty Solomon wrote:

> By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | May 7, 2006

> Sherri Patti of Woburn jumped from Comcast Corp. to Verizon
> Communications for its FiOS fiber-optic triple play of phone, TV, and
> Internet. She says she's getting more for less money.

> Michael McGrath of Woburn switched from Comcast cable to FiOS. He says
> his TV picture is better now, although he misses the New England Cable
> News channel and Fox Sports New England, both of which are missing
> from the Verizon channel lineup.

Verizon managed to inadvertently disconnect a bunch of businesses
along Bear Valley Road here in Apple Valley recently, while doing FiOS
upgrades.

And their DSL still sucks. I have to use it at work :( (I have Charter
cable at homee and the service is rock-solid.)

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Apple Valley, CA
Resident of Southern California -
the home of beautiful people and butt-ugly traffic jams

Go to Next message: Linc Madison: "Re: New York City Fires Employee for Surfing the Web"
Go to Previous message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Verizon Playing Catch-up Against Cable Firms"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page