TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?

Joshua Putnam (josh@phred.org)
Mon, 8 May 2006 20:45:42 -0700

In article <telecom25.173.13@telecom-digest.org>, mjlas02@cox.net
says:

> When I lose power I have Vonage configured to forward calls to my cellphone,
> so that is not a problem.

My home network equipment is on a UPS. If the PC shuts down promptly,
the UPS will keep the network, including Vonage, running for four or
five hours. I can hook up outside power if the outage lasts longer
than that.

If my network goes down, then my phone forwards to my cell. So does
my office phone.

Calling from my home, 911 gets me to the right dispatch center using
either Vonage or my cell phone, I've had occasion to try both.

josh@phred.org is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>
Books for Bicycle Mechanics and Tinkerers:
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/bike/bikebooks.html>

Go to Next message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?"
Go to Previous message: mike7411@gmail.com: "Spectrum of a Modem Signal"
May be in reply to: Healthy Stealthy: "Should I Switch to Vonage?"