TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: New York City Fires Employee for Surfing the Web

Re: New York City Fires Employee for Surfing the Web

Ron Chapman (ronchapman@wideopenwest.com)
Sun, 7 May 2006 02:34:41 -0400

In article <telecom25.172.3@telecom-digest.org>, Associated Press News
Wire <ap@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> Last month, Administrative Law Judge John Spooner ruled that surfing
> the Web at work is equivalent to reading a newspaper or talking on the
> phone.

> He recommended the lightest possible punishment for Choudhri. Schools
> Chancellor Joel Klein disagreed.

> "The penalty of termination is appropriate and not shocking to one's
> sense of fairness," Klein said Friday.

> Choudhri's "abuse of the Internet at the time he is supposed to be
> performing his job demonstrates his disinterest in the job," Klein
> said.

I would feel much better if "Schools Chancellor" Joel Klein knew the
meaning of the word "disinterest" and how it differs from "lack of
interest".

Maybe the schools should be run by educated people for a change.

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "'Bostmaster' Gets Five Years in Prison"
Go to Previous message: Dave Garland: "Re: Should I Switch to Vonage?"
May be in reply to: Associated Press News Wire: "New York City Fires Employee for Surfing the Web"