TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: MySpace Hires Child Safety Expert From Microsoft

Re: MySpace Hires Child Safety Expert From Microsoft

Vientus (vientus@hotmail.com)
21 Apr 2006 13:59:48 -0700

masonboro_island@yahoo.com wrote:

> I think this is good news. I've been reading up about the online
> predator issue for a while now and I'm glad to see that social
> networking communities are beginning to bring in people and
> advertisements that help promote online safety. It won't solve
> everything but its an improvement. MySpace is now partnering with the
> National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which also happens
> to provide the cybertipline service so people can report predators.

> What does everyone else think about this issue?

I think Google should add a phone verification like
http://www.Phoneconfirm.com to the sign-up process much like eBay and other
older online communities have done. That would help solve multiple sign
ups by underage users and give the predators something to think
about ...

Go to Next message: Koos van den Hout: "Re: Should Consumers Tape "Customer Service" Calls?"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Number Portability: POTS, VoIP, and Cellular"
May be in reply to: Eric Auchard: "MySpace Hires Child Safety Expert From Microsoft"