TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Last Laugh! Man Gets $218 Trillion Phone Bill; and Not SBC Either.

Re: Last Laugh! Man Gets $218 Trillion Phone Bill; and Not SBC Either.

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:57:29 -0400

Marcus Didius Falco wrote:

> http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/10/D8GTAQRG8.html

> Man Gets $218 Trillion Phone Bill
> Apr 10 3:08 PM US/Eastern

> KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia

> A Malaysian man said he nearly fainted when he recieved a $218
> trillion phone bill and was ordered to pay up within 10 days or face
> prosecution, a newspaper reported Monday.

> Yahaya Wahab said he disconnected his late father's phone line in
> January after he died and settled the 84 ringgit ($23) bill, the New
> Straits Times reported.

> But Telekom Malaysia later sent him a 806,400,000,000,000.01 ringgit
> ($218 trillion) bill for recent telephone calls along with orders to
> settle within 10 days or face legal proceedings, the newspaper
> reported.

In the 80s I got a bill from Diner's Club saying to pay my $40,000+
bill or else. NOW!. Took me a minute or two before I noticed the
amount they claimed I owed was the same as my ZIP code. Apparently
they upset a LOT of folks that month.

David

Go to Next message: Matt Simpson: "Re: Last Laugh! You Have Been Infested With a Birus"
Go to Previous message: B. Wright: "Re: Internet Calls Untethered From Your PC"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page