TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sprint's New Mobile Child Locator Service

Re: Sprint's New Mobile Child Locator Service

mikebk824@gmail.com
16 Apr 2006 07:26:16 -0700

In article <telecom25.141.8@telecom-digest.org>, Fred Atkinson wrote:

> In fact, I heard a story from a young man who got suspended from
> school for three days because he brought his two meter amateur radio
> set to school for a show and tell project.

> Someone care to expand on this?

I'm in Columbus, Georgia where one of the major employers is the US
Army Fort Benning base which had/has a large number of troops
deployed.

About a year ago there was a major flap when a student received a call
from his mother in Iraq. It didn't seem to make a difference that the
time difference meant that the mother could only call during school
hours!

Mike

Go to Next message: internetDotComs.com: "For Sale: InternetDotComs.com"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: In Silicon Valley, a Man Without a Patent"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page