TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Dial a Toll-Free Number Using a Calling Card

Re: How to Dial a Toll-Free Number Using a Calling Card

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:20:35 -0400

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> Dailhart wrote:

>> I routinely dial a toll free 866 number from my cell phone to retrieve
>> e-voice calls. They do not have a regular local number for this
>> purpose.

>> It costs me .35/min from my cell phone (no long distance plan). It
>> could cost me .03/min if I could use my calling card. The calling card
>> does not allow toll free calls.

> A "toll free" number is just that -- toll free. Accordingly, I don't
> understand why you're getting charged, regardless if you have a long
> distance plan or not. I thought long distance plans were included in
> the cell phone.

Toll free is a land line concept. With most cell phone plans (all that
I've seen) a toll free number is just like any other nation wide
number. If you've got free minutes, it's free, if not you pay the
CELL PHONE minute rates.

Go to Next message: telecomdirect_daily: "TelecomDirect News Daily Update - Tuesday, April 11, 2006"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Tuesday 11th April 2006"
May be in reply to: Dailhart: "How to Dial a Toll-Free Number Using a Calling Card"