TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Is This Possible? 2 Lines Squeezed Into One Line Phone??

Re: Is This Possible? 2 Lines Squeezed Into One Line Phone??

Brad Houser (bradDOThouser@intel.com)
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 12:11:34 -0700

On 31 Mar 2006 16:31:12 -0800, chris2029@gmail.com wrote:

> I have the need to squeeze 2 lines into one line on my phone.

> [Note - getting a 2 line phone is not a solution as I already have a 2
> line and 2nd line is taken by VOIP.]

> One of the lines is standard tel co line -- other is essentially my
> gate bell. In my fantasy -- I imagine talking on the phone and when
> someone rings the gate, the call waiting feature alerts me and I can
> jump back and forth. Is this possible or am I deluding myself?

There is a device called the Doorbel Fon that will do this for up to two
doors, each with a distinctive ring.

http://www.smarthome.com/5070.html

Brad Houser

Go to Next message: spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com: "Re: Is This Possible? 2 Lines Squeezed Into One Line Phone??"