TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Tech Firms Eye Immigration Debate

Re: Tech Firms Eye Immigration Debate

Mark Crispin (MRC@CAC.Washington.EDU)
Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:42:18 -0800

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Erica Werner wrote:

> "I have trouble filling high-tech jobs in remote areas, and even in
> metropolitan areas finding the right person," said Woody Sessums, a vice
> president at Cisco Systems, Inc. "We want the very smartest, the most
> high-level engineers to come here and stay, and we have to compete
> globally."

I think that what Sessums is really saying is that he wants to hire a
$90K engineer for $30K, and he wants it to be a kid that he can force
to work unpaid overtime.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Cellphones in Flight? This Means War!"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be in reply to: Erica Werner: "Tech Firms Eye Immigration Debate"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page