TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers

Remembering Old Zenith Numbers

Chris Farrar (cfarrar1307@rogers.com)
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:34:13 -0500

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

Not to want to disagree with our esteemed host, but I distinctly
remember 5 digit Zenith numbers in Bell Canada territory. Zenith
50-000 and Zenith 80-000 that would get you the nearest detachment of
the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) and the nearest Ambulance dispatchers.

> How about the non-exchange, non-dialable, ZEnith X-XXXX numbers?.

>> These were pre 800 800 numbers. "Call you local operator and ask for
>> ZEnithX-XXXX, no cost to calling party".

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: (in 2006) ... Zenith and Enterprise
> numbers only had four digits, _never_ five; they were never
> dialable and today have been largely replaced by 800, 888, 877 and
> 866 numbers which _are_ dialable. Pat]

Go to Next message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Tuesday 28th March 2006"
Go to Previous message: Steve Lohr & John Markoff: "Windows is So Slow; Why is That?"
May be reply: Bruce L. Bergman: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: Jim Burks: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: Harry Dodsworth: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: Wesrock@aol.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: daryl.gibson@gmail.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
May be reply: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Remembering Old Zenith Numbers"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page