TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Toll Free Area Restrictions

Re: Toll Free Area Restrictions

Linc Madison (lincmad@suespammers.org)
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:45:17 -0800

In article <telecom25.108.4@telecom-digest.org>, <trknoc@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We're having an interesting problem. User calling from a VOIP phone
> in Ohio with an Ohio ANI to a Toll Free number that's allowed in
> Ohio, but not in CA. Customer's interconnect point to the PSTN is in
> Southern CA. Call is sent to a Southern CA tandem for SMS dip, and
> the call fails because the CIC isn't open in CA. Has anyone else run
> into this problem? Are there any solutions currently offered to
> address this problem?

What happens if you try that number with an out-of-state cellphone
while in Ohio, or conversely with an Ohio cellphone while out of
state?

I don't know the answer, but I think it would shed some light on the
problem.

Linc Madison * San Francisco, California * lincmad@suespammers.org
<http://www.LincMad.com> * primary e-mail: Telecom at LincMad dot com
Political blog: "The Third Path" <http://LincMad.blogspot.com>
DO NOT SEND UNSOLICITED E-MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS. You have been warned.

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "From Our Archives: Exchange Names in St. Louis"
Go to Previous message: Linc Madison: "Re: Mysterious Calls From: 800-706-0971"
May be in reply to: trknoc@gmail.com: "Toll Free Area Restrictions"