TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas

Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas

Bob Goudreau (BobGoudreau@notchur.biz)
Sat, 18 Mar 2006 19:00:24 -0500

[Please spam-proof my email address as usual...]

>>> Uh -- we've had 15MB connections to the net for the last year. And it
>>> isn't Verizon FIOS -- it's Cox over coaxial.

>> Downstream.

>> DOCSIS is must slower and less efficient in the upstream direction.

> Funny thing is, I get 5MB up.

Point of clarification. Are you folks really getting 15 megaBYTES (or
5 megabytes) per second upstream? I suspect you might really mean 15
Mb (megaBITS) or 5 Mb per second. I'm not trying to nitpick; the
difference between that capital B (= byte) and lower-case b (= bit) is
an entire order of magnitude. When you're comparing speeds like that,
sloppy misuse of units will leave your audience misinformed.

Bob Goudreau
Cary, NC

Go to Next message: technology_post@yahoo.com: "T-Mobile Offers Seamless Mobile Broadband Connections With Nortel"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: MPAA CacheLogic Announcement"
May be in reply to: USTelecom dailyLead: "Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas"