TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas

Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas

Ed Clarke (clarke@cilia.org)
16 Mar 2006 23:27:25 GMT

On 2006-03-16, 3z3k3l <rixride@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I use Fios and it is AWESOME! 15MB to the internet; you can't beat a
> clean fiber connection to the internet. They recently announced you
> will be able to get "cable" or basically 180 digital channels.

> They are basically doing the monopoloy thing again, they are running
> the fiber right to the house! We can get our phone, internet and now
> 180 cable tv channels through them!

> It beats cable hands down. Speeds are tremendous and no slow downs
> during the week!

I just installed FIOS in New York (Westchester county) a week or so
ago. It works flawlessly, gives me phone service and internet service
without requiring a copper connection from the outside. I also have a
business service with Vonage that works perfectly through the FIOS
connection.

I will probably get the television service when it comes out in six
months or so.

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: Gas Refrigerator (was 25 Hz Power)"
May be in reply to: USTelecom dailyLead: "Verizon's FiOS TV Service Takes Off in Texas"