TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Re Who Used 25 HZ Power in 50's

Re: Re Who Used 25 HZ Power in 50's

AES (siegman@stanford.edu)
Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:59:19 -0800

In article <telecom25.102.12@telecom-digest.org>, John Bachtel
<lilburn.ga.30047@att.net> wrote:

> We understood users of 25 HZ power were electrochemicals in Niagara
> Falls, like Hooker and Carboruncum as well as steel mills in Lackawana.

> jrbde NR4JB

Driving across Ontario from Buffalo to Detroit several times in 1949
through 1952, we stopped in restaurants where the lights had
observable flicker. We were told it was 25 cycle power.

Go to Next message: Bruce L. Bergman: "Re: Gas Refrigerator (was 25 Hz Power)"
Go to Previous message: T: "Re: 25 Hz railroad power--book recommendation"
May be in reply to: John Bachtel: "Re Who Used 25 HZ Power in 50's"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page