TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital

Herb Stein (herb@herbstein.com)
Thu, 09 Mar 2006 05:57:57 GMT

I was thinking of it also. Steve would br a good choice, until we disagree.

> John McHarry wrote:

>> I don't, however, think the moderation of a mailing list is property
>> that can be sold. I doubt you bought it from JSOL or have a deed of
>> gift. I do believe you own the web site. If you sold the web site, it
>> would make a mess not to include a transference of the moderation, so
>> maybe it doesn't much matter.

>> Perhaps you could get the Telephone Pioneers interested in taking over
>> the operation. That would give it a pseudo immortality. TD is the
>> Internet autobiography of telecom after all.

> I'll be happy to take over the web site and the mailing list/newsgroup
> moderation if Pat becomes unable to. That's essentially how I started
> moderating rec.radio.broadcasting: I volunteered after Bill Pfeiffer
> died.

> Having said that, don't go anywhere soon, Pat, or I might have to
> drive out to Kansas and give you a good swift kick in the pants. :)

>> On the other hand, I would like to find someone who is willing and
>> will commit to maintaining the Digest and newsgroup in the style I
>> have established, take care of the archives, or improve on their
>> filing, and in geneal work with the same zeal I have shown here.

> Here I am.

> Steve Sobol, Professional Geek 888-480-4638 PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
> Company website: http://JustThe.net/
> Personal blog, resume, portfolio: http://SteveSobol.com/
> E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I will not be so bold as to say, "Why
didn't God take me away after my brain aneurysm -- life has been
pretty difficult physically for me since then -- but I sure wonder at
times what _He_ (she, it, higher power)was thinking about by
essentially dragging me back to life as a shell. I thought the latest
heart attack would resolve it once and for all; it failed to do so
also. Hmmmm ... PAT]

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Mexico (Dial 1)"
Go to Previous message: Steven Lichter: "Re: 1993 TV Reportage, About a System Called INTERNET ( video -"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page