TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Mexico (Dial 1)

Re: Mexico (Dial 1)

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Wed, 08 Mar 2006 17:21:54 -0500

> There's a tiny island within Canada near Newfoundland, St.
> Pierre/Miquelon, that is part of France and is reached by dialing
> international codes.

> I suppose keeping this island under France instead of Canada is a
> matter of nationalistic pride, but I suspect the overall
> administrative costs of running an island like that as a separate
> country are enormous.

Cost is never a barrier to French pride. :)

Go to Next message: MIQUELON: "Re: Mexico (Dial 1)"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Buffalo NY 25 hz Power"
May be in reply to: Anthony Bellanga: "Mexico (Dial 1)"