TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bogus! The Container Store Wants Your Phone Number

Re: Bogus! The Container Store Wants Your Phone Number

Touch Tone Tommy (touch_tone_tommyNOSPAM@yahoo.com)
Tue, 07 Mar 2006 21:31:33 -0800

On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:23:20 -0000, zbang@radix.net (Carl Zwanzig)
wrote:

> Ron Chapman <ronchapman@wideopenwest.com> wrote:

>> Fortunately she accepted without question my knee-jerk "No, thank you"
>> response to her request for my phone number. But she had to plug
>> something in; she plugged in all 1s.

> Usually being in California, I'll give 410-555-xxxx, where xxxx is
> random :-). The time/temp numbers were good, too.

410-555-0020 or 0002 is the milliwatt test tone. Always useful when
someone needs your number

>> Shades of the old Radio Shack days, when you couldn't buy a 30 cent
>> battery without giving up your family tree and medical history.

> I always liked "1600 S Beach St, Ft Worth Tx." If the clerk/manager
> was on top of things, they recognised the address of Tandy
> corp. headquarters. Not as much fun when Tandy moved to "1 Tandy
> Plaza".

> z!

Go to Next message: Garrett Wollman: "Re: Long-Term AT&T Investors"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Crossborder 7-Digit (Dial 1)"
May be in reply to: Ron Chapman: "Bogus! The Container Store Wants Your Phone Number"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page