TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Survive a Tech Support Call

Re: How to Survive a Tech Support Call

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:22:40 +0200

T <nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net> wrote:

> Oh, I'm very familiar with Dell support scripts. When I've had server
> drives fail that were both under and not under warranty I've had to go
> through the script.

That's just the thing, isn't it? They're following a script. I have
never owned any Dell hardware and thus have never had this particular
experience, but it's actually quite widespread, I think.

A couple of years ago I was travelling around the US and needed
temporary net access so I decided to take advantage of AOL and their
free sign-up plus x-number of free hours offer. At the end of the trip I
rang them up to cancel, as per the rules. Jeez-Louise. The woman I spoke
to was pleasant enough but by golly she stuck to that script, trying to
get me to not cancel. It took about 15 minutes of insisting before she
would give me a cancellation number. Had I known that getting out was
going to be such a pain in the arse, I never would have gone in in the
first place.

cheers,

Henry

Go to Next message: Angus TeleManagement Group: "Telecom Update Extra, March 6, 2006"
Go to Previous message: John McHarry: "Re: TELECOM Digest: Pat _was_ in the Hospital"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "How to Survive a Tech Support Call"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page