TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Stop AOL's Email Scheme

Re: Stop AOL's Email Scheme

Steve Sobol (sjsobol@JustThe.net)
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:01:26 -0800

Patrick Townson wrote:

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Below is a message I recieved from the
> http://moveon.org people passing along some suggestions on the new
> plan by AOL to begin charging 'postage' of _large_ commercial emailers.
> Mr. Pariser disapproves of the plan. Please read his response to the
> plan by AOL, and then after his response, I will make some comments of
> my own. I do _NOT_ agree with Mr. Pariser's interpretation of what is
> happening, nor do I agree with his conclusions. PAT]

Eli Pariser is misinformed.

AOL is not imposing a tax, and NO ONE is going to have to pay AOL to have
their email delivered to AOL members.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I was happy to run this message from
> Mr. Pariser, even though I am in almost total disagreement with
> it.

Pat, could you be so kind as to give me his email address offlist so I can
educate him privately? I'm familiar with what AOL is actually doing, and
it's not anything close to what he is claiming. I promise I will not do
anything abusive, send Mr. Pariser spam or otherwise misbehave. He needs to
be set straight.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: sjsobol@JustThe.net Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: That information has been passed on to
Steve; and an observation -- isn't it a damn shame when these days
when we ask for an email address to write someone we feel obligated to
assure the person (providing the address) that we do not intend to
abuse the email address? What happened to when a few years ago we
could send decent email dealing with whatever and not have people
think we were building a massive list of spam addresses? PAT]

Go to Next message: danny burstein: "Bronchitis was Re: Checking Out of Here Sometime Soon"
Go to Previous message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Stop AOL's Email Scheme"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "Stop AOL's Email Scheme"