TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: N11 Codes

Re: N11 Codes

nospam4me@mytrashmail.com
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:48:06 +0000 (UTC)

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com wrote:

> As to calling for pipeline checking, a single number won't help if the
> contractor is too lazy or stupid to make that call, and I've seen them
> do that many times with phone cables cut as a result.

After 811 for "DigSafe" (what my region calls that number) is fully in
effect the penalty for NOT calling before digging should be for
"professionals" should be permanent loss of license and for property
owners a month in jail to go along with all costs (including lost
profits). Conversly if someone calls 811 and encounters an
undocumented utility the digger should be immunized; costs should be
picked up 100% by the utility.

Herb Oxley
From: address IS Valid.

Go to Next message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Disney Bringing Back MovieBeam Set-Top Box"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: N11 Codes"
May be in reply to: Neal McLain: "N11 Codes"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page