TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: A Real Hospital Cyber Attack

Re: A Real Hospital Cyber Attack

danny burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 02:37:50 UTC

In <telecom25.64.2@telecom-digest.org> Associated Press News Wire <ap@telecom-digest.org> writes:

[ snip of AP article ]

> At least 13,000 computers were infected in the January 2005 attack on
> Northwest Hospital, a 187-bed nonprofit facility in Seattle,
> prosecutors said. They said lives were endangered, and computer
> repairs cost about $150,000.

While most of the story sounds legitimate, I did a doubletake
when looking at those numbers above.

The hospital has 187 beds, yet 13,000 computers. Say what?

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Virtual Number with Flexible Call Forwarding?"
Go to Previous message: ClaimYourPhone@gmail.com: "Internet Phones / VOIP"
May be in reply to: Associated Press News Wire: "A Real Hospital Cyber Attack"