TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Fiber Cut Knocks S.E. Kansas Off Line

Re: Fiber Cut Knocks S.E. Kansas Off Line

Michael Chance (mchance@swbell.net)
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:33:42 GMT

TELECOM Digest Editor wrote:

> A sort of odd event: Using my geo-locating tools and my javascripts,
> when I go to those places which identify my whereabouts, I am always
> correctly located in Independence, KS (although not on my exact spot
> on the map but within a couple blocks); but when I was using my
> TerraWorld modem backup line yesterday, the same pages and tools said
> I was in 'Ballwin, Missouri' (which is not that far away, about a
> hundred miles east and a bit south -- but still). I wish I knew how
> those geo-locating tools worked. PAT]

Last time I checked, Ballwin, MO, is just outside of St. Louis -- a tad
further east from Independence, KS, than "about a hundred miles".

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: You are quite correct; I was thinking
of a small town in southwest Missouri close to the Arkansas border.
The geotools stuff did claim yesterday that I was in Ballwin (since I
was using dial up via TerraWorld; I dunno why. Any ideas on that? PAT]

Go to Next message: T: "Re: Western Union Public Telegram Offices"
Go to Previous message: info@go2site.biz: "Using VPN to Provide Some Basic Security"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page