TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phones and Pagers -- Can You Hear Buzzing?

Re: Cell Phones and Pagers -- Can You Hear Buzzing?

DLR (news22@raleighthings.com)
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 05:56:35 -0500

Carl Moore wrote:

> I recall hearing a remark, in one place (stage-play venue?) that I was
> in, that cell phones and pagers should be turned OFF, not to silent
> (vibrating?) mode, because the vibration causes a buzzing nsound which
> can be heard. This does not seem to me to be a common request
> (although, in an orchestra I play in on a volunteer basis, I noticed
> at least one cell phone in use and am willing to let it remain on in
> silent mode). Have any of you out there heard of request to turn
> those things off as opposed to use of silent mode?

When on they may still make noise. My started chirping about being low
on battery power in church the other day. I now just turn it off all
the way. :)

Go to Next message: DLR: "Re: History: Pecking Order For Telephone Operator Jobs?"
Go to Previous message: DLR: "Re: AT&T Billing Us For MDNS Account Closed Three Years Ago"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "Cell Phones and Pagers -- Can You Hear Buzzing?"