TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone Extenders?

Re: Cell Phone Extenders?

CharlesH (hoch@exemplary.invalid)
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:01:49 GMT

radiodude wrote:

> niallgal@yahoo.com wrote:

>> A quick web search comes up with:

>> http://www.digitalantenna.com/cellamprep_DA4000SBR.html which makes the
>> following claims:

>> Q: Does the owner of this equipment (installed location) require an FCC
>> license to operate the repeater?

>> A: No, neither the user nor the installer needs an FCC license. All of
>> our products are FCC approved. In the instruction manual, you will
>> find guidelines to follow to comply with all FCC requirements, such as
>> proper separation between antennas, and persons must be 6 meters
>> horizontally away from outside antenna.

>> Maybe worth a try.

> That person is lying through his teeth, and has been told so many
> times by several communications lawyers across the country. DO NOT
> BELIEVE HIM! You _MUST_ have permission of ALL licensees in the
> affected area which can be passed by the unit!!!!

But what I don't understand is how this and other online companies
selling similar products have been openly making those claims and
selling those products for YEARS without being slammed on by either
the FCC or the FTC (for deceptive advertising). These are not exactly
grey-market off-shore or fly-by-night companies.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Need Help With a Telephone Mystery"
Go to Previous message: Seth Breidbart: "Re: Cell Phone Extenders?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page