TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones

Re: Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones

Tony P. (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:10:39 -0500

In article <telecom25.24.13@telecom-digest.org>, pattyjamas@hotmail.com
says:

> Found out that on cell phones to home calls that it is normal
> sometimes to not show the caller name. And that on the Uniden cordless
> phone at home, it will look up the phone number for the right ring to
> play but will not display the name.

> Thanks anyway. Hopefully this might help someone.

> Patty

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But, please remember, it is not just
> 'cell phones to _home_ calls'. Home or business has nothing to do
> with it, nor cell phones (as such) nor Uniden phones (as such). If
> _any_ telephone (home or business) is equipped to give caller ID and
> it is a _newer_ style caller ID device, and the sending telco is
> equipped for it, then the caller ID will come through. PAT]

Some cell carriers transmit name/number, some don't. Verizon doesn't,
but Nextel does. Go figure.

Those are the only two I'm familiar with.

Go to Next message: pattyjamas@hotmail.com: "Re: Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones"
Go to Previous message: Monty Solomon: "Largest Video over DSL Deployment in North America"
May be in reply to: pattyjamas@hotmail.com: "Caller ID on Home Phones Using Vonage Originating From Cell Phones"