TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto

Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto

Spyros Bartsocas (spyros@telecom-digest.zzn.com)
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 14:59:01 +0200

>> Can someone tell me how to dial 800 and 888 numbers in the US from
>> Toronto?

> I've never heard of these codes being used in actual practice, but the
> following info might be worth a shot.

> Bruce

>> From nongeographic.html :

> 880 Paid international calls to +1 800 ("replace" code)

I can confirm that at least the 880 replace code works. Last month I
dialed a US 800 number this way from Europe. After completing the
number and waiting a few seconds a heard a US recording: "This
toll-free number is not toll-free when dialed outside the United
States. You will be charged direct dial charges" (or something
similar). After two seconds the call was connected.

Spyros

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto"
Go to Previous message: Justa Lurker: "Re: History of Hayes Modem"
May be in reply to: gladman911@gmail.com: "How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto"