TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: History of Hayes Modem

Re: History of Hayes Modem

John Levine (johnl@iecc.com)
14 Jan 2006 05:07:45 -0000

> Didn't have to be "invented" by anyone:

The idea of using different tones to encode telegraph signals goes
back well into the 1800s. Didn't Bell tell his backers he was working
on a harmonic telegraph?

Go to Next message: Al Gillis: "Re: History of Hayes Modem"
Go to Previous message: Allison Linn: "Microsoft Plans Launch of Search Ad System"
May be in reply to: The Great Idea Finder: "History of Hayes Modem"