TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Create an E-Annoyance, Go To Jail

Re: Create an E-Annoyance, Go To Jail

David B. Horvath, CCP (dhorvath@notchur.biz)
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:21:30 -0500

PLEASE MUNG my email address PAT.

On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:12:43 -0500, Monty Solomon <monty@roscom.com>
wrote:

> By Declan McCullagh
> Story last modified Mon Jan 09 04:00:00 PST 2006

> Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

> It's no joke. Last Thursday, President Bush signed into law a
> prohibition on posting annoying Web messages or sending annoying
> e-mail messages without disclosing your true identity.

Does this mean I can get the FBI to prosecute someone who sends me
SPAM? I find that forging my email address in SPAM is very annoying
and certainly can't be taking place in an attempt to please me.

Hmmmm ...

- David

Go to Next message: Tony P.: "Re: Create an E-Annoyance, Go To Jail"
Go to Previous message: Reuters News Wire: "Sheraton Hotels, Yahoo Offer Free Lobby Internet"
May be in reply to: Monty Solomon: "Create an E-Annoyance, Go To Jail"