TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?

Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?

DevilsPGD (spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net)
Mon, 26 Dec 2005 01:03:34 -0700

In message <telecom24.580.3@telecom-digest.org> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
wrote:

> If you call a cellphone (without voicemail) and it doesn't answer,
> after a few rings an intercept recording will come on and tell you the
> party is not available and terminate the call.

> When you reach that recording, is that call chargeable? I don't think
> it should be since it was unanswered, but my experience is that one
> does get charged.

In general, it's not chargeable. However, some systems get "confused"
(intentionally misbill, since the consumer probably won't notice, and
the company need only refund the amount of the overcharge, so there is
little risk.)

(TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: However, considering that a cell phone
is normally always within its owner's reach (a holster fastened to
your trousers, in your purse, in a holder near the driver of an
automobile, etc) it would seem very odd that it had to ring more than
three or four times, at best, unanswered. PAT]

Go to Next message: Anthony Bellanga: "Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones"
Go to Previous message: John Levine: "Re: Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Unanswered Calls to Cell Phones?"