TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Cell Phone to Land Line

Re: Cell Phone to Land Line

GlowingBlueMist (nobody@invalid.com)
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:30:40 -0600

<medfield@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello, I need some help. I have been searching Google all day long
> looking for a solution for a possible Christmas gift. What I am
> trying to find out is how do I create my own docking station for a
> cell phone.

> My brother has an LG vx4500
> http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/wireless/detail-page/vx4500-1.gif
> and I am trying to connect it to a Homer Simpson phone (land line)
> http://www.lazerbuilt.co.uk/graphics/phones/805homers.jpg

> I know they make docking stations online, like the dock-n-talk or
> Cidco Merge. But what I really want to try and do is make the
> connector myself; it really shouldn't be that hard, so figured I would
> ask around online for some tips.

> I know sparkfun had an article for a rotary phone
> http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorial/Port-O-Rotary/portable-rotary.htm but
> that just seemed way to complicated, or maybe it is suppost to be. I
> dont know.

> Any response would be gratefully appreciated.

If you want the landline phone to ever ring when the Cell phone call
comes in you really need to purchase a docking unit designed to
support the cell phone in question.

The old phones take 70-90 volts to make them ring, which most, if any,
cell phones do not have the capacity to generate.

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: Cell Phone to Land Line"
Go to Previous message: Thor Lancelot Simon: "Re: Wikpedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis"
May be in reply to: medfield@gmail.com: "Cell Phone to Land Line"