TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?

Re: HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 01:08:08 GMT

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:16:57 -0500, Carl Moore wrote:

> From memory, I saw "HSI" on a pay phone outside a convenience store
> last Sunday (it was at a Turkey Hill store on Lampter Road north of
> -- NOT LOCATED RIGHT AT -- Pennsylvania route 741). I apparently
> punched in 1-800-2255-288 (1-800-CALL-ATT) okay, but got sent to
> a collect-call menu of some sort. This is conjuring up some memory
> of "I HATE COCOTS" in this digest many years ago. Has this ever
> happened before where a telephone number was "intercepted" in this
> manner? Fortunately, there was nothing urgent about my attempted
> call; more of an effort to get that telephone's number onto my bill
>(failed!).

Maybe it is time to revive PAT's old Out of Order stickers to be slapped
right over their coin slots. To have any effect it would have to say why
the thing was out of order and be difficult to remove.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: If anyone wants to work on this
project, they should look in our archives http://telecom-digest.org in
the section dealing with COCOTS and find the 'out of order sticker'
report there. PAT]

Go to Next message: Reuters News Wire: "BellSouth Laying Off 1500 Managers, Other Staff"
Go to Previous message: Adam Frix: "Re: Wikpedia Becomes Internet Force, But Faces Crisis"
May be in reply to: Carl Moore: "HSI and Diverted 1-800-CALL-ATT?"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page