TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Hypothetical SxS Question

Re: Hypothetical SxS Question

DevilsPGD (spam_narf_spam@crazyhat.net)
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 01:59:32 -0700

In message <telecom24.562.13@telecom-digest.org> hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
wrote:

> Joe Morris wrote:

>> And I'm sure you remember the little "dial lock" gizmos that were
>> clamped into the "1" fingerhole and were supposed to keep people from
>> making outbound calls on an unattended office telephone? It seems
>> that nobody ever thought about dialing with the switchhook -- or just
>> banging away with ten or more pulses and asking the operator for
>> assistance.

> I think it was pretty difficult for most people to tap in accurately a
> seven digit number. If you're timing was the least bit off any part
> of the way you had to start over. You also risked discovery while
> doing it.

A little bit of experience and it wasn't too hard to do it correctly
the majority of the time. The rest of the time you'd just apologize
for misdialing.

Go to Next message: Scott Dorsey: "Re: Parental Electronic Supervision of Teens - Good or Bad?"
Go to Previous message: Lisa Reyes: "IEC's Broadband World Forum Asia Presents IPTV Developments"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Hypothetical SxS Question"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page