TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: FTC Do Not Call List

Re: FTC Do Not Call List

Wesrock@aol.com
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:51:48 EST

In a message dated 12 Dec 2005 13:37:22 -0800, hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com writes:

> I think all of us consumers agree that we don't want any spam emails at
> all and no soliciting telephone calls at all.

This must not be a true statement, since otherwise there would be no
telemarketing calls, expecially. It is a labor intensive business and
must provide a sufficient return to the operators of such services to
make a profit. Otherwise they would go bankrupt.

Everyone is a consumer in one way or another, so it must not be
correct that 100% of consumers don't want any soliciting telephone
calls at all.

Spam is not nearly so expensive to originate, but it, too, has costs
and must provide a sufficient return that it is not true that ALL
consumers do not want it.

Actually, I have occasionally gotten e-mails, mostly spam, form
organizations or businesses with which I do have a legitimate business
relationship, which make offers that I have responded to favorably and
which, in at least one case, have saved me money.

Then there are some e-mails that some members of a group will consider
all spam, and which others in the group think are relevant to their
interests and appreciate the information or offers. Defining spam in
some cases becomes very controversial.

Wes Leatherock
wesrock@aol.com
wleathus@yahoo.com

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Parental Electronic Supervision of Teens - Good or Bad?"
Go to Previous message: Mark Crispin: "Re: FTC Do Not Call List"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page