TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Wage Laws, was Holiday Observances Phone Rates (was Re: Kennedy)

Wage Laws, was Holiday Observances Phone Rates (was Re: Kennedy)

Danny Burstein (dannyb@panix.com)
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:32:47 +0000 (UTC)

In <telecom24.559.7@telecom-digest.org> sethb@panix.com (Seth
Breidbart) writes: [ snip ]

> According to the "Your Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act"
> poster (as posted in every workplace), you get time and a half after
> 40 hours worked in a week. It doesn't say anything about holidays.

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Not only for more than 40 hours in
> one week, but also more than 8 hours in one day. PAT]

While many people believe that, I'm not aware of any such daily
requirement.

And that 40 hr/week overtime line is fuzzy, with _plenty_
of exceptions.

dannyb@panix.com

Go to Next message: Lena: "Re: FTC Do Not Call List"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Monday 12th December 2005"
May be reply: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Wage Laws, was Holiday Observances Phone Rates (was Re: Kennedy)"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page