TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Communications History

Re: Communications History

Rik (hrasmussen@nc.rr.com)
7 Dec 2005 03:48:59 -0800

Similarly, in the 1970's long distance phone calls were being sent via
satellites using sub-carriers on frequencies in the "shortwave" range.
These subcarriers were modulated with ssb. I connected an output of my
satellite receiver to my shortwave receiver and tuned in many
telephone circuits. The audio was very clear and there was no fading
as was common on over the air shortwave.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Communications History"
Go to Previous message: Ed Greenberg: "Re: Default COCOT Behavior"
May be in reply to: Charles G Gray: "Communications History"