TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

jonfklein@gmail.com
7 Dec 2005 09:44:50 -0800

I know nothing about setting up a server, so please pardon my
ignorance. Is there any reason why it needs to be a linux server?
Could it be Windows?

Where can I get further information about setting up a server and
modifying the route tables?

William Warren wrote:

> jonfklein@gmail.com wrote:

>> Here is the problem,

>> I have two telephone lines. I want to make both of these lines ADSL
>> connections to the internet and use these connections to provide
>> internet access to several wireless laptop computers. A maximum of
>> about 20 laptops would be connected to the system at once. I would
>> like the laptops to be able to use both lines simultaneously so that I
>> don't have one line overloaded and one underloaded (ie: I want to
>> balance the traffic on the lines at any given time).

>> Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up something like this?

>> -Jonathan

> Obtain a Linux server, connect each DSL line to a separate Ethernet
> card, and modify its route table to give equal weight to each line.
> You'll need a third card for your wireless AP or other LAN connections.

> Best of luck.

> William

Go to Next message: Gordon Burditt: "Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"
Go to Previous message: GlowingBlueMist: "Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"
May be in reply to: jonfklein@gmail.com: "Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"