TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

William Warren (william_warren_nonoise@speakeasy.net)
Tue, 06 Dec 2005 20:42:22 -0500

jonfklein@gmail.com wrote:

> Here is the problem,

> I have two telephone lines. I want to make both of these lines ADSL
> connections to the internet and use these connections to provide
> internet access to several wireless laptop computers. A maximum of
> about 20 laptops would be connected to the system at once. I would
> like the laptops to be able to use both lines simultaneously so that I
> don't have one line overloaded and one underloaded (ie: I want to
> balance the traffic on the lines at any given time).

> Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up something like this?

> -Jonathan

Obtain a Linux server, connect each DSL line to a separate Ethernet
card, and modify its route table to give equal weight to each line.
You'll need a third card for your wireless AP or other LAN connections.

Best of luck.

William

Go to Next message: Robert McMillan: "Phony Email Tricks Ebay Investigators"
Go to Previous message: alonzo_heem@yahoo.com: "Re: The Lasting Impact of Sony's Rootkit"
May be in reply to: jonfklein@gmail.com: "Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"