TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously

Brad Houser (bradDOThouser@intel.com)
Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:55:39 -0800

On 5 Dec 2005 10:25:24 -0800, jonfklein@gmail.com wrote:

> Here is the problem,

> I have two telephone lines. I want to make both of these lines ADSL
> connections to the internet and use these connections to provide
> internet access to several wireless laptop computers. A maximum of
> about 20 laptops would be connected to the system at once. I would
> like the laptops to be able to use both lines simultaneously so that I
> don't have one line overloaded and one underloaded (ie: I want to
> balance the traffic on the lines at any given time).

> Anyone have any suggestions on how to set up something like this?

> -Jonathan

You should look for a router that does per-packet load balancing.

Brad Houser

Go to Next message: Robert Bonomi: "Re: Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Tuesday 6th December 2005"
May be in reply to: jonfklein@gmail.com: "Using Two ADSL Internet Connections Simultaneously"