TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number

John McHarry (jmcharry@comcast.net)
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 01:51:22 GMT

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 00:43:25 +0000, Seth Breidbart wrote:

> Port it to a landline carrier, then port it to Carolina net. Numbers
> port only between carriers that have agreements, and VOIP carriers
> tend not to have agreements with each other. They all have agreements
> with the local landline companies in order to be able to _take_
> numbers.

Are you sure about that? Last I knew, most of the routing in LNP areas
was in the ILEC's SCPs. Since they assign blocks of numbers, for which
they charge everyone else, I would have thought they make the decision
on whether a port request is legitimate and should be honored.

Go to Next message: Mark Crispin: "Re: Showdown with USA Over Internet Control"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: JFK Assassination"
May be in reply to: Fred Atkinson: "Voicepulse Owns Your Number"