TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Security Flaw Allows Wiretaps to be Evaded, Study Finds

Re: Security Flaw Allows Wiretaps to be Evaded, Study Finds

Michael Quinn (quinnm@bah.com)
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:16:35 -0500

My understanding is that the "c-tone" is the same as that generated by
the "C" button of the A-B-C-D/FO-F-I-P column found on old DoD
precedence-equipped touch-tone AUTOVON phones. The C or I (for
"Immediate" precedence) button delivers a DTMF pair of 852 and 1633
KHz. Ping me off net for some AUTOVON phone pics.

Mike
quinnm@bah.com

> From: harold@hallikainen.com
> Subject: Security Flaw Allows Wiretaps to be Evaded, Study Finds

<snipped>

> This is the first I'd heard of the "c-tone'.

> Harold

Go to Next message: John Levine: "Re: When is TDMA Being Phased Out?"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Implementation Date of Automatic Elevators?"
May be in reply to: harold@hallikainen.com: "Security Flaw Allows Wiretaps to be Evaded, Study Finds"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page