TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby

Re: John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby

Henry (henry999@eircom.net)
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:23:08 +0200

Patrick Townson <ptownson@telecom-digest.org> wrote:

> Just as a historical note, it was forty-two years ago this weekend
> (Thanksgiving weekend, 1963) ...

Sorry, PAT. It was the week before Thanksgiving.

The assassination was on a Friday and I was in school. There is no
school on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Ergo...

Cheers,

Henry

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Maybe you are correct; it was a long
time ago (as you and I both know in our ancient ages!) Something I am
not clear on, however: Thanksgiving is always a variable date holiday.
It _always_ comes on Thursday, but is it the _last_ Thursday in
November or the _fourth_ Thursday in November (sometimes there are
five Thursdays.)? I know that now and again merchants complain when
there is a 'late Thanksgiving' as they get 'cheated' out of a week
of Christmas sales. What is the exact rule? And do you remember when
Memorial Day used to _always_ be May 30, no matter what day of the
week it was? If it came on Sunday sometimes, then we kids in school
felt 'cheated' because we did not get an extra holiday from school.
But if it fell on Wednesday, our parents felt 'cheated' since it was
impossible to drive any distance on holiday and get back home on the
same day (so as to not miss next day's work or kid's school day, etc.)
PAT]

Go to Next message: (no name): "Cybercrime Yeilds More Cash Than Drugs"
Go to Previous message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby"
May be in reply to: Patrick Townson: "John Kennedy, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Jack Ruby"