TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Skype - H.323 or SIP

Re: Skype - H.323 or SIP

jhblee@gmail.com
26 Nov 2005 04:21:00 -0800

To my understading Skype is *a* form of SIP. I am not sure if it is
100% SIP but definitely the protocol resembles more of SIP than H323.
One SIP provider can actually run IVR for calls from Skype clients, so
I guess this is more likely so.

Lasse wrote:

> Hi all you gurus,

> Does anyone know if Skype is based on the H.323 protocol family -- or
> the more modern SIP protocol?.

> Lars Kalsen

> PS: You might also review:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skype

> Vi leverer viden! Lars Kalsen IT-consultant, Cand. scient. & HD IT-gruppen
> Brorsonsvej 19 9490 Pandrup Lars.Kalsen@itgruppen.dk www.itgruppen.dk tel:
> fax: mobile: +45 96 73 01 02 +45 96 73 00 31 +45 40 15 66 02 Add me to your
> address book ... Want a signature like this?

> Greetings from Denmark!

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "Our New Classified Advertisements Area"
Go to Previous message: David Wolff: "Re: Personal Computers Enlisted in AIDS Research"
May be in reply to: Lasse: "Skype - H.323 or SIP"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page