TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Re: Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s

Tim@Backhome.org
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:18:38 -0800

Steven Lichter wrote:

> 60's when the changes were made. I started with CWT/GTE in 1967 and
> they were already changed and using 48/53 Full Satt.

Wasn't 1967 the year that then General Telephone of California bought
CWT (California Water and Telephone for you lurkers; aka "Cal Drip and
Tinkle." ;-)

I grew up in Monrovia, a CWT town. We didn't get automatic dialing
until 1950, as I recall.

Go to Next message: TELECOM Digest Editor: "My Latest Blog Site"
Go to Previous message: Richard Kaszeta: "Re: Are There Prepaid Cellular Plans That Use Existing Phones?"
May be in reply to: Paul Coxwell: "Los Angeles Numbering, 1940s"