TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Sneaky Cingular Wireless

Re: Sneaky Cingular Wireless

Tim@Backhome.org
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:51:14 -0700

What's the problem with that? Credit card companies, LEC, electric
utilities, etc., all do the same thing. There are a lot of deadbeats
out there.

Bob, Hofkin wrote:

> [PAT, please remove my email address & name from this message. --Bob
> Hofkin]

> Two bits of sneaky language showed up on my Cingular Wireless bill
> this month. First, a new late fee, announced in all caps:

> LATE PAYMENT CHARGE: A 1.5% LATE PAYMENT CHARGE PER MONTH MAY BE
> APPLIED FOR AMOUNTS UNPAID 20 DAYS AFTER THE DATE OF INVOICE (AK
> 0.875%, AR 0.085%, NE 1.33%, WI 1.00%).

> Second, a bit of legal bogosity in smaller print on the return stub:

> Use of service or payment of this invoice indicates agreement with the
> General Terms and Conditions for wireless service.

> I really wonder what they've got planned and why they're coercing an
> "agreement" here. Maybe it's to get former AT&T Wireless customers in
> line somehow, but it sure smells rotten. I'm sure they wouldn't let me
> off without paying the bill or the early termination fee if I don't
> agree with their terms.

> I think publicity is probably the best way to deal with this
> particular nastiness.

> boB

> That's another fine message you've gotten us in.

Go to Next message: Dan Lanciani: "Re: Privacy Worries? Don't Orint in color"
Go to Previous message: Cellular-News: "Cellular-News for Wednesday 26th October 2005"
May be in reply to: Bob Hofkin: "Sneaky Cingular Wireless"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page